Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My goals in the next few years may change from tonight. Right now, I am focused on getting my GED. I have tyred once before and never followed through with it. Another goal I have to achieve is found a criminology program to enroll in. That is also a long term goal for me. I know that once this GED program is out the way more doors will open up for me. Now that the Internet is available there is a lot of options for grants, scholarships, and some free pre-collage classes and they are offered to people with GEDs.

I will be 30 years old, this year and time doesn't wait. I know when I was younger my mom always told me to make a goal and set a time to accomplish it. It never seamed to work. Now that I'm older I think that setting a goal wouldn't be hard to achieve, because I have my mind set on it.

The company I work for as long as I'm in school they will help me pay for any programs I'm in as long as I complete them. I know that if I apply myself everything will be good, because I don't want to work for them for the rest of my life, Iam gonna what they teach me and learn from them and open my own business. That's not part of my goals, but something I thought about for a long time.

I know in the long run all the work and effort I put into my goals will payoff and make me very successful

3 comments:

Adam Nathanson said...

Corie,
Is the question you're answering this? "What are your goals and how do you plan to achieve them."

You give strong examples. I would recommend striking the first sentence though because it weakens your point. Come up with something in class tonight to replace it that goes along with your main idea.

Also, add at least two lines (one in the second and one in the third paragraphs) about specifically how you plan to become involved in criminology and starting a business. Add the following to your writing tonight: Where is the criminology program? When will you apply? Why do like the field? How do the scholarships and assistance figure into this plan?

Adam

J Seward said...

3 good detailing

felecia said...

shows some evidence of organizational plan